Imagine Living Life Free of Shoulder Pain
Your shoulder has the widest range of motion in your entire body. When the shoulder joint is damaged, it prohibits the arm from moving and can be very painful. The pain may present as dull or sharp, and may come on gradually or suddenly. Whether you are suffering from a torn rotator cuff or a pinched nerve in your neck, you can trust the orthopedic specialists at Essentia Health to work with you to determine the best shoulder pain treatment for you.
Cause & Symptoms of Shoulder Pain
There are various factors and medical conditions that can cause shoulder pain, including injury or trauma, overuse from manual labor or sports, rotator cuff tendinitis, arthritis, pinched nerve in the neck or shoulder, frozen shoulder, or dislocated shoulder. You should seek professional treatment for your shoulder pain if you are experiencing the following symptoms:
- Shoulder pain performing everyday activities
- Shoulder pain at rest
- Muscle spasms
- Shoulder weakness
- Inability to move shoulder
- Deformed shoulder joint (dislocation)
Why See an Essentia Health Orthopedic Specialist?
- Essentia Health physicians have specialized training to care for patients with shoulder pain.
- Receive a treatment plan for your shoulder pain with non-surgical or surgical options.
- We use Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. This procedure uses sound waves to produce pictures of muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints throughout the body to help diagnose sprains, tears and other soft tissue conditions without radiation. Ultrasound also increases accuracy for targeted injections and procedures.
- Improve your quality of life and restore your independence, without shoulder pain.
- Experience convenient locations and quick diagnostics to get you back to your favorite activities sooner.
Say Goodbye to Shoulder Pain
Don’t let shoulder pain control your life. You deserve to live an active life, free of pain. At Essentia Health, our orthopedic specialists can perform a thorough physical examination to help determine the cause of your shoulder pain. Depending on your diagnosis, we may prescribe anti-inflammatory medications, pain relievers or exercises to improve joint mobility to help you find pain relief, or surgery. See an Essentia Health orthopedic specialist and get back to being you.
Individuals suffering from shoulder pain in Minnesota and Wisconsin turn to the orthopedic specialists at Essentia Health for treatment.