Live Your Life Free of Knee Pain
The knee is comprised of many different parts, including the knee joint, knee cap, ligaments and cartilage. Knee pain is extremely common in individuals of all ages, and can present in a specific area or throughout the entire knee. It can also be experienced as a minor ache or severe, chronic pain.
Knee Pain Causes & Symptoms
Some common causes of knee pain include dislocation, bursitis, tendinitis, arthritis, torn ligament, meniscal tear, fracture or broken bone, or infection. If you are suffering from knee pain, you may experience the following symptoms:
- Difficult to stand on your leg or knee
- Painful when bending your knee
- Swelling or bruising at the knee
- Hurts when doing simple, everyday activities like walking or climbing stairs
Why See an Essentia Health Orthopedic Specialist?
- Essentia Health offers specialized physicians who provide focused expert care for knee pain.
- Improve your quality of life -restore your independence and comfort in daily activities.
- Receive a personalized treatment plan, made just for you.
- We use Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. This procedure uses sound waves to produce pictures of muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints throughout the body to help diagnose sprains, tears and other soft tissue conditions without radiation. Ultrasound also increases accuracy for targeted injections and procedures.
- Experience convenient locations and quick diagnostics to get you back to your favorite activities sooner.
Stop Your Knee Pain & Discomfort
You deserve to live an active life, free of knee pain. At Essentia Health, our orthopedic specialists can perform a thorough physical examination to help determine the cause of your knee pain. Depending on your diagnosis, we may prescribe anti-inflammatory medications, pain relievers or exercises to improve joint mobility to help you find pain relief, or surgery. See an Essentia Health orthopedic specialist and get back to being you.
Our orthopedic specialists are experts at diagnosing and treating knee pain in Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin and surrounding areas of the country.