Find Relief from Your Hip Pain
The hip, the body’s largest ball-and-socket joint, allows us to perform all kinds of activities, including running, walking and climbing stairs. It is built to withstand repetitive motions, but can become damaged and worn out overtime due to genetics or other factors. People suffering from a damaged hip joint may experience pain differently, whether it is severe or dull and constant.
Causes & Symptoms of Hip Pain
Common causes of hip pain include bursitis tendinitis, arthritis, a fall or injury, or muscle or tendon strain. Individuals suffering from hip pain usually experience the following symptoms:
- Soreness or discomfort in your thigh, groin, front or back of your hip
- Back pain that travels to your hip
- Hip pain that increases with physical activity
- Hip pain that makes it hard to walk or bend your leg
Why See an Essentia Health Orthopedic Specialist?
- Essentia Health physicians have specialized training to care for patients with hip pain.
- Receive a personalized treatment plan with non-surgical or surgical options, to fit your needs and goals.
- We use Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. This procedure uses sound waves to produce pictures of muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints throughout the body to help diagnose sprains, tears and other soft tissue conditions without radiation. Ultrasound also increases accuracy for targeted injections and procedures.
- Improve your quality of life and restore your independence.
- Experience convenient locations and quick diagnostics to get you back to your favorite activities sooner.
You Deserve to Live an Active Life, Free of Hip Pain
When you visit with one of the orthopedic specialists at Essentia Health, we will review your medical history and examine your hip pain. Depending on your diagnosis, we may prescribe anti-inflammatory medications, pain relievers or exercises to improve joint mobility to help you find hip pain relief.
If we have tried all nonsurgical options to treat your hip pain, and they have been unsuccessful, we may suggest surgery as another treatment option. Stop the pain and discomfort. Schedule an appointment and get back to your favorite activities.
Learn more about joint replacement options at Essentia Health.
The orthopedic specialists at Essentia Health offer treatment for hip pain in Minnesota and Wisconsin.