Get Back to Moving, Free of Ankle Pain
The ankle joint allows the foot to perform up-and-down and side-to-side movements. Ankle pain and injuries are common in individuals of all ages. Injuries usually occur during physical activity but simply walking on an uneven surface can cause a sprained ankle.
Whether you are experiencing dull or debilitating ankle pain, our orthopedic specialists at Essentia Health will customize your treatment so that you can get up and moving again.
Causes & Symptoms of Ankle Pain
Common causes of ankle pain include achilles tendinitis, arthritis, infection, or broken ankle. You may experience the following symptoms with ankle pain:
- Redness or swelling of the ankle
- Painful to stand on your ankle
- Chronic ankle pain, even at rest
- Weakness in the ankle
Why See an Essentia Health Orthopedic Specialist?
- Essentia Health physicians have expert training to care for patients with ankle pain.
- Receive a personalized treatment plan for your ankle pain with non-surgical or surgical options, to fit your needs and goals.
- We use Musculoskeletal Ultrasound. This procedure uses sound waves to produce pictures of muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints throughout the body to help diagnose sprains, tears and other soft tissue conditions without radiation. Ultrasound also increases accuracy for targeted injections and procedures.
- Improve your quality of life and restore your independence.
- Experience convenient locations and quick diagnostics to get you back to your favorite activities sooner.
Don’t Let Ankle Pain Control Your Life
You deserve to live an active life, free of pain. At Essentia Health, our orthopedic specialists can perform a thorough physical examination to help determine the cause of your ankle pain. Depending on your diagnosis, we may prescribe pain relievers or a brace. See an Essentia Health orthopedic specialist and get back to being you.
Orthopedic specialists at Essentia Health can efficiently diagnose and treat ankle pain in Minnesota, Wisconsin and surrounding areas of the country.