Relieve Your Joint Pain at Essentia Health
Visit one of our orthopedic clinics in MN or WI.
Has your shoulder been feeling sore? Are you finding it difficult to run due to ankle pain? Joint pain can have a negative impact on your life and make even the simplest activities difficult to manage. Joint pain may be constant or come and go. Joint pain may also affect different parts of your body, but it is typically found in the following areas:
Common Causes of Joint Pain
Joint pain can be caused by a variety of injuries, conditions or diseases, including:
- Sports injuries, such as broken bones, dislocations and sprains
- Orthopedic conditions, such as bursitis, sciatica, tendinitis and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Diseases that affect your joints, muscles and ligaments
Joint Pain Symptoms
Sore shoulders and sprained ankles are common occurrences in individuals of all ages and can be treated at home. These kinds of joint pain symptoms are prevalent, especially among athletes. So, how do you know when it is time to see a doctor for treatment?
- You experience swelling or bruising on the affected joint
- You have tried rest, ice and medication to treat your joint pain, and have been unsuccessful
- You experience long term pain that affects your ability to do simple tasks or sleep
- You have recently been involved in a trauma
Orthopedic Specialists Catering to You
Our orthopedic specialists work with every patient to customize a plan to meet their needs, without a rush to surgery. If we have tried all nonsurgical options to treat your joint pain, we may suggest surgery as another treatment option.
Surgery can offer relief from joint pain, restore motion and improve your overall function. Overtime, your joints become worn and may need to be replaced so that you can enjoy doing what you love, pain free. When that time comes, our team devotes their time exclusively to joint replacement.
The orthopedic specialists at Essentia Health proudly treat patients suffering from joint pain in Minnesota, Wisconsin and surrounding areas.